Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #19 - Web 2.0 Awards List - Linked In

There are tons of of web 2.0 tools out there for us to use these days and I suppose the list will only grow. It only makes sense that the internet is no longer just for searching and retrieving information, but also for posting and collaborating. One does not need to become a webmaster to be able to participate these days.

I chose LinkedIn for this exercise to build my professional bio on line. With today's economy, one never knows when they will need to find that next job. My next door neighbor actually found employment using this site which brings it validation. I have also found that many of my colleagues in SBISD are now using the site as well.

Please feel free to view my profile on LinkedIn by clicking here and become a connection.

2 comments:

  1. I have had a few people send me requests to be "linkedin." Maybe I will use this info to revisit the idea and see what it is all about.

    P.S. You are welcome to use it for anything EXCEPT finding a new job!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not looking right now. This is a good way to keep my work history current though in case I ever do need to find a job again.
    This can also be a means for students to begin their initial job search as they go through their college years to get those summer internships. I can see teachers writing recommendations for them and posting them on their profiles.

    ReplyDelete