Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing #14 - Technorati

How many search engines can we have? Well, after exploring Technorati, this is an additional must. Thru this site, you search other people's blogs on just about any topic you can imagine. Rather than coming up with sites that are published by "reputable" sources, these sites are by the everyday person. You can even post your own blog to become part of their family.

I decided to search for information on using Final Cut Express, this is video editing software used on Mac computers. There were plenty of posts by others on how to get started and how to do specialized items. People even posted videos of their instructions which they had created in either Camtasia or Captivate on how to use this program. One of the most informative was made by a high school student on cloning. By watching instruction given by this student, it was actually much easier to follow than others I had seen on Atomic Learning or lynda.com.

I'll definitely go back to this site and will direct my students in this direction as I also noted that these blogs asked questions on problems where others offered insite on how to fix them. The fact that I found many discussions and videos on broadcast journalism and the tools required for the course sold me.

Of course, Technorati is now included on my Delicious account.

1 comment:

  1. so glad it turned out to be such a useful tool for you. I have also "claimed" my blogs so that I can see who finds and reads my blog thr Technorati....it has lead me to some really great blogs that now I follow and probably would not have found. you may want to try that too

    ReplyDelete