Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #8 RSS Feeds

Now this is a cool feature I never truly understood before. I had too many techno geeks try to explain it to me and it went completely over my head. Now that this has been presented in layman's terms, it is truly simple to use and understand. I can see how checking into this one page can easily cover things I'm interested in without going all over the internet.

http://www.google.com/profiles/leerayhaynes

This is a tool that can be used for both school and my personal life. I'll probably keep it personal until I can set one up with purely educational sites for use in my classes. Students have enough to do without me throwing a myriad of feeds at them. I would find it more beneficial for me to collect the information and then share the materials that would be the focus of the lesson for the day.

Our business is busy and fast paced as it is. Using an RSS reader with the key information which is relevant to the job can be quite beneficial in saving the all so precious little time we have for research and academics by having direct links to the information we are most interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment