Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing #5 - Flickr

Well Flickr had its many ups and downs. I was hoping to create a group account where all my students could access and upload pictures they had taken. I quickly learned that the free site would not hold many photos at all. After uploading 30 resized for web photos, I had used 20% of my allowance for the month. This would not be suitable for entire classes. I also learned that the only way to search was by the name of the photo, not the group account. Yes, I dig tag the photos but they you come up with 100,000 to browse through to find your own.

I know, the kids could use their own accounts, I'm trying to cut out the search process though.

Flickr also required me to use my yahoo/att account. I was not able to create an account using the gmail account I made for the group.

Now as far as looking for photos to use, the Common Ground is great. I feel like most of the photos we will need to use should be current and taken by the students.

I can see Flickr as a great substitute for Google images as long as you are in the Common ground and give credit where do. Just about all tech apps courses should find this site useful, especially Multimedia and Digital Graphics and Animation.

Here's a photo depicting the type of antiquated technology I will be using in my class:-). It's really not that bad, but there is room for much improvent.

Please let me know if you have found an option for creating a group account for a class to save and retrieve their photos. Thanks...

1 comment:

  1. I am asking around and will let oyu know what others have found out.

    ReplyDelete