Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #7 - Cool tools that Google has

Why have software? Google lets you handle and manage all of your personal and professional tasks from any computer, anywhere. From Google docs to the calendar, it is much easier to manage oneself without being strapped to a particular computer. You virtually create your own share folder without having to go through the permissions process we have to on the job, plus, you can share with folks not employed within the district-eliminating stress. I like how groups can work on documents and contribute edits at their own time and leisure.

I like Picasa too. This is a cool way to upload and document photos for use in school. I keep my personal photos on Facebook, but this avenue will work well with students as you share the photos with your selected audience.

http://picasaweb.google.com/leerayhaynes

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your comments about google tools. I do most of my file sharing with people in my work group, so we share through our district network or blackboard, but google makes it accessible to everyone. I think I would look at google more closely if I left my current position.

    ReplyDelete