Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #12-Creating Community Through Commenting

This is an informative little piece that should be read by all new to blogging. Instead of experimenting and taking off, it gives you a little hindsite as to what a blog is, how you can use it as a positive took and also things to watch out for.

2 of the discoveries I noted is that quite a few blogs are personal. They are merely people's diaries, raising discussions on what particularly interests them that day. They don't always seek comment, but do leave the ability for others to do so. The other of course is the Corporate - or as in our case, Educational - blog. This is strictly for use in business and can be open to the world, or just a select few. This is much like our Library2Play blog that we are utilizing for this course.

I have some issues with aliases versus true identity. Farkas describes well her first diving into the blog world as Chilihead, eventually going to her name. To me, a first name is still an alias as many have the same first name, yet you still see very few bloggers who use their complete names. I think for purposes in an educational setting and working with kids, it is important that those students are identifiable, at least by name or student id number. We all know that working with kids, you will have a few that will come out as trolls to bring shame and embarassment to fellow classmates. For this reason, I have outed myself in in previous posts.

Off to visit my fellow classmates...more later.
Here are the ones I visited. Christina's Musical Notes , 23 Things-SBISD Style . Logical Lori , Moulton Lava , and Laptop Learner.

3 comments:

  1. I've just discovered you are here: Glad to see you among our fellow bloggers! It is nice to see someone as technologically adept as yourself finding joy in new applications... Keep up the good work, and check out my blog if you have the time!
    ldk

    ReplyDelete
  2. your careful analysis of things is going to be of great benefit to many! I just finished reading your discussion of delicious and I am just going to have to quit living on the edge and move my links there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your Blog - you have progressed through all of this effortlessly it seems. I agree with your comments on this thing. It is difficult to just put your thoughts out there. I have been so intent on accomplishing my 23 Things that I haven't thought too much about commenting. I will be following your Blog.

    ReplyDelete